Questions & Answers
1. What is a Teardrop Trailer?
A Teardrop Trailer is a streamlined, compact, lightweight travel trailer, which gets its name from its teardrop profile. Usually has a cabin for 2 and a compact kitchen with a large hatch at the back. In addition, there are various “gadgets” that make camping more convenient and even more enjoyable. View photo gallery
2. How many people can sleep in the MiniCamper Teardrop Trailer?
All our models can comfortably accommodate 2 adults. The dimension of the mattress is 1,4m x 2,0m (wide x length).
3. Do I need a special driver’s licence to tow the MiniCamper Teardrop Trailer?
No, you don’t. The gross weight of all our models is 750 kg (Light Trailers O1 category). So your B category driver’s licence is enough.
4. What car can tow the MiniCamper Teardrop Trailer?
Our models weigh less than 750 kg. Because of their lightweight construction and compact size, they can be towed by many 4 cylinder cars too. Not only trucks, crossovers and SUVs.
5. My car doesn’t have a towbar!
No problem. It takes only 2-4 hours to install a towbar. Google will help you find a installer or ask at your nearest car parts store or workshop.
6. I have only 7-pin socket for trailer connection in my car, Is it OK?
Yes, the 7/13 pin adapter is included in all our MiniCamper models.
The 13-pin connections are required for the proper function of tail lights as well as charging the built-in battery while towing the trailer.
7. Is the MiniCamper Teardrop Trailer intended for year-round use?
By adding a heating system, the Teardrop trailer can be made more weather-friendly. This option is available in our accessories list.
8. How is the MiniCamper Teardrop trailer water system equipped?
Underneath the sink is installed a 13L fresh water tank and the running water is provided by an electric water pump.
The gray water (sullage) is directed from the sink to the 13L grey water tank. They need to be filled and emptied manually if needed.
9. Is there a gas system installed in MiniCamper Teardrop Trailer by default?
The gas system option is available in our accessories list.
10. Is there any way to get 230V without getting hooked up to the mains?
A voltage converter is available in our accessories list. This device converts the battery’s 12v DC to 230v AC.
11. What is the registration process of the MiniCamper teardrop Trailer?
The registration process may vary from country to country. Each model has the Certificate of Conformity which is provided together with the Commercial Invoice. This is sufficient to register the trailer in your country (especially in EU countries).
12. How long is the MiniCamper Teardrop Trailer warranty period?
Each model has a 2-year warranty and a 1-year warranty on the installed equipment from the date of delivery.
The precondition for the validity of the warranty is compliance with the requirements of the user manual.
In the event of a failure, you must notify us within three (3) days. The MiniCamper Teardrop Trailer must not be used until the fault has been rectified. We will give you instructions for further action.
The warranty does not cover natural wear and tear to the model and the parts (i.e tires, light bulbs).
We do not reimburse the transport costs for warranty repairs of the MiniCamper Teardrop Trailer.